:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 AARO

Latest topics
» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Mon May 21, 2018 1:01 pm by 7

» 2018 ANS Race 10 - Michigan (Safeway 150)
Sun May 20, 2018 6:09 pm by Weatherman

» 2018 Racing Season
Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 pm by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 Little Caesar's 250 Pre-Race Thread
Thu May 17, 2018 2:17 am by 7

» 2018 PTS Race 7 - Michigan (Flagstar 150)
Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 pm by 7

» 2018 MRT Race 8 - Lucas Oil (Kroger 125)
Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 PTS Race 6 - Watkins Glen (Bully Hill Vineyards 100)
Mon May 14, 2018 2:45 am by Jesse Pizzajarvi

» 2018 AERS Race 9 - Val-d'Or (Québec 200)
Sat May 12, 2018 1:10 pm by Weatherman

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Wed May 09, 2018 3:11 pm by 7

» 2018 Quebec 200 Pre-Race Thread
Tue May 08, 2018 11:53 pm by 7

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 112 registered users
The newest registered user is coolcokekid22

Our users have posted a total of 43150 messages in 2738 subjects
Top posters
7 (7624)

Jesse Pizzajarvi (4030)

DLeck6211 (3615)

Its Webzic (3205)

Tanrar (2917)

VincentGiac426 (2364)

VerizonGuy12 (1970)

kensethfan (1905)

Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)

Jrod (1642)

Share | 

Possible AARO Resurgence in the Works?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Possible AARO Resurgence in the Works?   Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm

This will be a very unprofessional/sloppy post but I've got together with Casey and I think it is possible we get AARO back up and running (although there's not many of you left) by working together on separate parts of the league. However, we need to evolve our league into something completely new to garner not only interest of other people, but for specifically myself to stay interested in something I'm not exactly interested in anymore.

My idea is to form the AARO into a team-based league, where teams compete against eachother instead of an individual driver battle for the title. My idea, yes, stems from professional sports such as the NHL/NFL/etc. Sounds a little "out-there" to say the least so far, right? Well my idea would have the drivers split up into 14 (42/3) teams consisting of 4-6 drivers per team with 3 of those drivers running each race, the team manager would select his 3 drivers prior to each race weekend. Those three drivers will not run for individual points, but will all try to run well to score points for their team.

The points system would go something along the lines of: (T5-T10-T20-T42), where each driver scores points each race and they are added to season totals. So for example, say team Ricky Greene has drivers finish 7th, 19th, and 21st, their record for that race would be 0-1-1-1, and there would be points associated with each category. So we take the system and we designate points to each category, 4 for T5, 2 for T10, 1 for T20, 0 for T42. So in the example, Team Ricky Greene would score 3 points for the race in the standings.

The schedule would expand possibly to 30 or so races, and depending on who is running them they would either be streamed or made into videos. With this, we also would only have one series. I'd also think about having team-universal sponsorship/no sponsorship, with the same designs for each car, albeit with different numbers. I have made a team chart that I will be posting the link to shortly, and I've also come up with a few other thread ideas I will be linking in here as well.

I'm 100% open to hearing ideas/thoughts from anyone who happens to view this thread, so if you've got any suggestions or just want to say you're interested, be my guest. I also want to point out that like all of the other resurgences we've tried and failed, this one is also very much a work in progress and in no way is a guarantee to run.

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GbSxNyWbdc
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Possible AARO Resurgence in the Works?   Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 am

Second thoughts about the team aspect, thinking of changing it back.
Sponsorship will likely still exist, although there won’t be any unsponsored/under funded teams if we do stick with the team format, which I do think will stay in the end.

Back to top Go down
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: Possible AARO Resurgence in the Works?   Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 am

This is a go, we will run the 2018 season. Scrapping the whole team thing and just going with the traditional route we always have done. Incorporating more of a professional sports aspect as you can probably tell already. I’m planning on having no car go unsponsored and having huge companies sponsor every entry. I also plan on using any 2017 scheme I already have for 2018 to speed up the process.

Lower tiers will be mention only, and I am currently trying to figure out a prospect system with an amateur draft and everything. I don’t know how a prospect system can work though without running lower tiers but I’m sure I’ll figure something out. Right now we’re VERY low on participants as expected and I really don’t see it getting much bigger but whatever we’re running this for our amusement anyway.

I’ll run the races and send the replays or videos over to Casey who will then produce a video with commentary and post it on my channel. I’m expecting mostly everything to be pretty basic. But this is a go for 2018 and it will be unless something changes which at this point is still pretty likely. We will see but I am excited!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible AARO Resurgence in the Works?   

Back to top Go down

Possible AARO Resurgence in the Works?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: American Automobile Racing Organization :: American Automobile Racing Organization League News-
Jump to: