» How bad was the "split/fight/whatever it was"
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:35 pm by Josh Mertz

» The Music Thread
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 110 registered users
The newest registered user is garry9

Our users have posted a total of 43408 messages in 2708 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)

ElectricWolf71 (3933)

DLeck6211 (3612)

Its Webzic (3205)

Tanrar (2917)

VincentGiac426 (2365)

VerizonGuy12 (1943)

kensethfan (1904)

Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)

Jrod (1643)

Share | 

Reality check (rest of the season)...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reality check (rest of the season)...   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm

I think I will be discontinuing PTRL videos and instead typing up a thread to summarize the remaining events of the season. I'm still stuck in 2015 and there's not really much support for it as there was when I started. Don't get me wrong, I still notice you guys posting (PCOPirate, RedViper, etc.) and I have always appreciated it, but it's clear that it's simply holding me back more than anything else. I swore I wasn't going to quit on it, but I simply have let it drag on for far too long. I make it a point not to run any races in advance so I don't get myself confused and out of order, but the videos just feel taxing to make nowadays. I no longer have the time, effort nor motivation (that's been a big part of this slump too) to continue this.

So thank each and every one of you all for participating in this, a continuation of a typeup thing I did as a hobby with a lot of creative flexibility when I was equivalent to an Xbox Live squeaker. I guess I'll somewhat be going back to those roots.

Last edited by ElectricWolf71 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reality check (rest of the season)...   Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Part I (Rounds 12-16)

Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Robbins and Venables both retired with header failures, Dave Endicott got turned by Joaquin Ortega to bring out the only caution and Grant Carsons crushed the field to take home his first victory of the season! Troy Cowie was in the garage with a mechanical failure, but never officially retired from the race. Annie Thomas jumped up 15 spots thanks to her 18th place finish, subbing in quite nicely for her team owner.

Results
Standings

Race 13: Michigan (3M 200)
Johannson won the pole, but Sheets got out to an early lead and held it for a while. Pit stops occurred past halfway, but Reed Church, Cooper Brand and Nick Pericles all triggered a wreck larger than it needed to be and screwed up the order. Troy Cowie hit the inside pit wall exiting the pit lane and got flipped over… how he managed to pull that off is beyond many of us. Sheets and Cross led on the restart, but Ben Ross took advantage of lapped traffic and got out to the lead until around 20 to go with his teammate succeeding him. Patrick Johannson recovered from dealing with traffic of his own, but was unable to catch Graham, who cruised on for his third win of the season and third of his PTRL career in the Irish Hills!

Results
Standings

Race 14: Chicago (Allstate 200)
Ross, Johannson, Napolitano and Donovan traded the lead for the opening half of the race. Lester and Michael Blue caused a wreck that took a few cars out early on, but there was an extended green flag run following that. Joaquin Ortega and Leon Gapreon decide to merge into each other as the 66 tries to exit while the 60 tries to enter and Gapreon spins up into the wall and Cliff Jensen clips him.. Ben Ross is effectively stuck behind several cars on the tail end of the lead lap before a large pileup caused by Darren Reynolds’ impatience with 11 laps to go reset the field. Brooks Harford found himself in a position where if he could catch Ben Ross, he could get his first PTRL victory. The problem was that lapped traffic got in his way and he would have to settle for 2nd while Ben Ross cruised on to take his second win of the season in Chicago.

Results
Standings

Race 15: Old Spice (Old Spice 200K)
Earl Graham blows up from 5th on Lap 19 and was fuming at his team upon exiting his car in the garage. Meanwhile, his teammate and last week’s winner sat on the pole and led almost the entirety of the race despite having Troy Cowie and Karl Hammarling hot on his tail. Cooper Brand led a lap through staying out an extra lap, but his teammate would draw the first yellow by spinning Bjorn Brewer out exiting the pits on Lap 59. No harm, no foul. Leon Gapreon earned himself a penalty for passing Winston Rivers before the s/f line and that was basically all that happened. Yawn. Ben Ross dominates and takes his third victory of the season in Sturgeon Bay.

Results
Standings

Race 16: Road America (Sargento 200K)
Graham won the pole, a huge pileup happened in Turn 4 and took several cars out on the first lap. After the restart, Olive Blue turned Mario Romero into the wall and was called to the hauler as a result. There was a stretch of green flag racing which saw Brooks Harford in the lead as Daniel Voyles turns Alex Robbins into Nick Pericles, who goes into the wall lightly. Harford would lead the field in, except for Karl Hammarling in the 31 who was looking to make it on fuel with one stop. Ross and Lester would line up 2nd and 3rd on the restart, but were unable to dispatch the Swedish driver. Hammarling and Graham were practically matched in terms of pace, but the 31 had to bring his car in after his crew chief determined he would not make it with 5 laps to go. Turns out that several other cars also could not make it and Hammarling would be lucky enough that NOBODY could one-stop the race and he rocketed back out into the lead with two laps to go! A brilliant call by Gordon Nichol to have him stay out under the last caution flag and car #31 finishes Lap 31 in P1; Karl Hammarling takes his third PTRL victory at Road America!

Results
Standings

News:
-Earl Graham was penalized, along with Sal Veras, Alex Robbins, Zachary Fitzwater and points leader Ty Sheets for failing post-race technical inspection at Road America with him being docked 70 points in the championship as a result after leading the most laps and finishing in 2nd. Graham angrily confronted team boss Trent Brittain about the penalty in the #4 hauler and stormed out 5-10 minutes later. Later in the week, Team 4 Director of Competition Alex Sneed announced that Graham openly refused to travel with the team to Iowa and, as a result, was fired from the 4 car. A driver has not yet been announced, but Will Walker is rumored to be taking over the car for the remainder of the season while serving as an executive assistant on the 54 team and team representative to Kodak.
-Earl Graham announced on Wednesday that he would be joining Carson Rotunda and Skoal Racing in a new #71 Ford, teammate to points leader Ty Sheets, for the final five races of the 2015 season. Fram will be following him to the team as an associate sponsor.
-T&Q Racing has officially closed its doors after operating since 2009.
-Expect a shakeup in drivers as the series heads west to end the 2015 season; many of the smaller teams are using drivers from western states.

Back to top Go down

Reality check (rest of the season)...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1