» The Music Thread
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm by vbooy57

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» Reality check...
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 109 registered users
The newest registered user is nolan56

Our users have posted a total of 45603 messages in 2716 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)

ElectricWolf71 (3931)

DLeck6211 (3612)

Its Webzic (3205)

Tanrar (2917)

VincentGiac426 (2365)

VerizonGuy12 (1943)

kensethfan (1904)

Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)

Jrod (1643)

Share | 

2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)   Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:17 am

Entry List:

There will only be 36 cars running in the main event this week and therefore several teams will not be entering this race as to not tear up equipment and drive up costs with such a low amount of transfers. Only the Top 11 from the qualifying race on this 0.596-mile oval will advance.

Notables on this list are not plenty at this time, given most of the dynamic seats in the series are currently TBD (to be determined). Annie Thomas will be filling in for Daniel Voyles, who will be out for a couple weeks after contracting a stomach virus, in the USA Racing #89 Dodge Charger. Ryan Napolitano was believed to have signed a deal which would see him switch to Fords and receive sponsorship from Circle K over the past week, but he showed up in Nashville with his usual blue #82 Pontiac. Reports from the garage suggest that the Delta Force Motorsports team is likely to either be signing a sponsorship deal that will begin at the next race or closing their doors following the Fender 150. Robert Pollard and the Greg Terrier Racing squad have also been linked to a sponsorship deal; this was revealed to be Vault, a beverage distributed by the Coca-Cola Company, and sources close to the team report that a deal with Terrier "has definitely been made and signed".

Last edited by ElectricWolf71 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)   Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Q-Race:

Chase Smith dominated the opening 20 laps before a cooling system problem forced him to pit and lose a lap. Brooks Harford then took the reins up until Lap 50 when Eun Yong Kim pounded the outside wall and careened into Tobias Newbridge, sending both cars spinning which drew the first yellow.

The restart only advanced by one lap with Harford holding the lead, but Kim expectedly caused the next yellow. He bounced off the Turn 4 wall once again and clipping Brad Carter, spinning himself out in front of oncoming traffic. Nick Pericles would plow into the 52 and collect Jonathan DiVierdi, Tobias Newbridge and Kyle Callahan as he went down the track. Olive Blue also arrived a hair late to the party. Cars 02, 52, 90 and 96 would all drop out.

Smith would be held up tremendously be lapped cars he was racing with *coughMoutacough* and struggle to get up to Harford and fight for his lap back. However, on Lap 72, Gavin Warwick and Bennie Lawton got together, sending the 37 up into the 9 of Aleksandr Mouta, sending both cars into the Turn 3 wall and around. No harm, no foul.

Smith got past all the other lapped cars and restarted right beside the 28, passing him shortly after the green flag. However, the caution he needed never came and Harford simply followed behind the 72 to cruise to victory. Annie Thomas impressed some by running 3rd almost all race before Jared MacDonald passed her with two laps left, Bennie Lawton got freighttrained out of a transfer spot and Nolan Venables will make his third start of the season. The Delta Force teammates and GTR's Robert Pollard all back up their new sponsorship deals with big ol' DNQs.

Back to top Go down
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)   Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Robbins and Venables both retired with header failures, Dave Endicott got turned by Joaquin Ortega to bring out the only caution and Grant Carsons crushed the field to take home his first victory of the season! Troy Cowie was in the garage with a mechanical failure, but never officially retired from the race. Annie Thomas jumped up 15 spots thanks to her 18th place finish, subbing in quite nicely for her team owner.

Results
Back to top Go down
PCOPirate81
Series Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)   Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am

Thomas sastified with 18th in her 2nd PTRL start
If there was 1 statement that USA Racing needed this weekend in Nashville it would be decent results. The race was no expection as Annie Thomas came home with a top 20 finish which is the best result for her in place of Daniel Voyles. "I had big shoes to fill tonight driving the Buffalo Wild Wings Dodge and it pay off as a result and I can't be disappointed with that" She said to the press. "I felt like it was my time to show everyone that I can do it in these race cars and the thing is last time I was in a hospital back in Florida and now even though I finish a lap down we still finish the race which was our goal to do tonight so I'm looking forward to going racing in Michigan and see if I can continue to impress everyone." Daniel Voyles is expecting to not only retain Annie for next season but might have her run the 95 for the remainder of the season after the Chicagoland weekend which is the last schedule one off run for the Aussie driver from Sydney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)   

Back to top Go down

2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1