» The Music Thread
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm by vbooy57

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» Reality check...
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 109 registered users
The newest registered user is nolan56

Our users have posted a total of 45604 messages in 2717 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)

ElectricWolf71 (3932)

DLeck6211 (3612)

Its Webzic (3205)

Tanrar (2917)

VincentGiac426 (2365)

VerizonGuy12 (1943)

kensethfan (1904)

Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)

Jrod (1643)

Share | 

Jeff Klinger's 2014 AERS Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Jeff Klinger's 2014 AERS Predictions   Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 am

As of right now, there is no season, but going by what's been said recently, I would think a 2014 season is very likely. So with that, I'll make my predictions as I usually do right in here, enjoy folks!

Drivers to contend for the title:

15 - WILL LEGGE
His stellar rookie season is leading many to believe he'll be in the running for the title this season, and I would have to agree with them. This guy shows up each race and with the incredibly stacked team he is on, there's no limit to what he could accomplish. He's going to finish top-5 in points. Book it.

19 - ALLEN REEDS
Allen Reeds showed some bright spots last season for Sam Davids Racing, and I think he'll finally pull everything together this year and make a run for the title. The 19 always ran well when out of trouble and while he needs to work on leading, his two poles last year are a start and I think he'll build on a solid 16th place showing last season. I would expect him top-7 for sure.

88 - KEITH DAVIS
This guy with sponsorship should scare the competition. He led 99 laps in all 16 races last year, finishing 23rd in the final standings which would have been higher had he had some better luck. I'm expecting a top-10 points finish from this guy next year.

42 - HERB CILANTRO
Cilantro led the most laps last year, with 164, however, did not lead any last laps, as he would record 0 wins for the first time in his three year tenure in the AERS. He's led a league-leading 389 laps in the last three seasons while recording 4 wins, one short of Fred Ritcher's league-leading 5 in the past three years. Expect this guy to be near the front with a top-10 points finish.

32 - BRUCE WILKINSON
This is all pending on if he can qualify for every race. Wilkinson posted 5 top tens and 2 top fives in just 7 races in 2012, and contended for the win at both South Boston and Delaware. Wilkinson has proven himself now the only thing is making the races, if he does that, I'd expect no less than a top-12 points finish.

HM: 24 - GREG SAUER

Drivers to rebound/improve:

20 - TYLER DEEFER
Although the 20 hasn't been a lucky number lately in the AARO, Deefer steps into this ride with a fresh start. After leaving what was a disastrous Carson team, Deefer steps in to elite equipment for the first time in his career, and judging by how he performed in 2010, he should be a force to be reckoned with in 2014.

26 - JALEN SCRANSEN
This guy couldn't catch a break last year. After a heartbreaker at Salem, the 26 team really wasn't relevant at all. The team collapsed and I think after some time off, they've fixed the issue. They have what is considered the best equipment in the AERS garage right now, and I would expect nothing less than a top-20 points finish this year.

40 - GRANT JACOBS
I wouldn't say he'll be a title contender next year, but I would say that he's going to be a driver that will perform very well. I think expectations were a bit high last year after his 5th place finish in 2010, and obviously he did not live up to those expectations, but I think after some time off, like Scransen, Jacobs will be able to pull off a top-20 points finish.

54 - JERRY RICHSON
His 6th place finish in 2010 indicated he'd be a contender in 2011...however the 54 team slumped to a 46th place points finish, which included just one top ten. Rumors are floating that this team may fold, but if it's still here in 2014, I'd expect a solid showing from Richson.

18 - CHAD LAPINSKI
In his first AERS season, Lapinski won a race, and posted a solid 3 top tens leading to a 24th place points finish. Expectations will be extremely high on Chad this year and after his solid rookie season I believe he'll only get better, and will place in the top-25 yet again. He'll be on the cusp of contending for a title at the end of the year.

HM: 50 - JARED KASH

Drivers who will falter:

0 - JONATHON RINGER
Ringer showed to everyone last year that he's degressing. It doesn't seem like he really cares all that much. However, he's got a great team with great teammates and I really think he's got a good future there, but I don't think that future starts for at least another season. I plop him down in the 40's this season.

14 - KENNY GERRELDS
His time in the AERS is honestly done. He's no longer competing for wins and I think the business side of the industry is where his main focus is. Kenny finished 35th in 2009, 56th in 2010, and 42nd in 2012. Nothing is indicating anything different this season, either. In fact, Alex Jates looks again to be the only relevant KGI car in 2014.

82 - TODD KINSIN
In his last full AERS season, which was in 2009, he finished 26th in the final points standings. Now, 5 years later, Kinsin will step into a new Garth Enterprises Chevy, which obviously is a massive question mark. He could succeed, but the chances are low and I think this will be a learning year for not only Garth Enterprises but for Todd Kinsin. Either way, I don't see him placing over 30th in the final 2014 standings.

92 - JIMMY COHON
Cohon last competed in 2008, placing 35th in the final standings. He now joins a brand new Porter team 6 years later. There are just way too many question marks surrounding this team and Cohon to predict anything higher than a 30th in the final standings.

39 - MIKAEL CARTER
Carter has been so up and down through his career its hard to predict where he'll be. After last year though, I think its a safe bet to predict nothing more than a top-20 points finish. Carter fell off quite a bit last year, and after his SoBo win, he seemed irrelevant most of the time.

HM: 34 - KODY LACHNER

Rookies to contend:

81 - NIKLAS HYERSKI
He has alot of AERS experience to add to his truck experience and I think some of his one-off performances last year should lead to predicting at least a top-20 finish in the standings this year. I truly think he'll be the ROTY.

21 - TIM AVERELL
OK, seriously there's no way to pass up Averell on this list. That McKinley win was just so impressive and I wouldn't be surprised to see Tim put up several more performances like that this year. With some luck and good driving, Averell could very well place in the top-20 in points.

44 - AUSTIN KINGSTON
Carson Racing has revamped their whole team and I think they'll be taking it to a new level this year. Kingston looks ready for AERS competition and wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top-25 in points by the end of the year.

HM: 46 - KENT GROSSO

Rookies to falter:

2 - TOMMY RITCHER
The kid is so overhyped. Not taking shots at Tommy here, but I really think he's being rushed into this ride. Yeah, he won Ottawa, but seriously that may have been the biggest fluke we've seen in a while. Ritcher didn't do anything noteworthy in AYG and I see no reason for him to be in the AERS yet. I'm expecting him to be in the 40's this year.

87 - CASEY LESTER
There are many uncertainties tied to Lester this year. First off, he's in brand new, elite, equipment for the first time and maybe there will be too much pressure for him to handle on this big scale. Secondly, his health. He sat out several AYG races last year and is questionable if he's truly back to 100%. He did have some great and not-so-great one-off performances, so I think it may just be a bit too hard to tab where this kid will finish this year.

5 - JEFF PARSHALL
I don't know why this kid was brought up already, but I guess he's...ready? I honestly don't expect the 5 to qualify for many races, and I think Scawles is just setting themselves up for some fat repair bills in the future, but who knows, the kid could just amaze us as post 10 wins. Don't expect him near the front of the standings though, I'm going to put him in the late 50's.

HM: 4 - LUKE KINSIN

Top Teams:

- OVOTA MOTORSPORTS
This team has it all this year. Three elite drivers with big contracts, great equipment and great personnel. I'm expecting Ovota to be the top team this year.

- CARSON RACING
They've turned everything around and everything seems to be under control now. So I guess we'll see where that takes them.

- BRANDON ULTSCH ENTERPRISES
They took it a step further last year and I think this is a year where they will come out and compete race in and race out for the team title.

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Klinger's 2014 AERS Predictions   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 am

Jonathon Ringer gon shock da world.

Jeff Klinger's 2014 AERS Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1