» AARO FaceSpace Thread
Yesterday at 9:29 pm by VerizonGuy12

» 2019 AARO Ratings System (WIP)
Yesterday at 10:34 am by 7

» 2018 Racing Season
Yesterday at 8:10 am by vbooy57

» 2018 Imperial 250 Pre-Race Thread
Yesterday at 1:51 am by 7

» 2018 ANS Race 8 - Delaware (Adidas 125)
Yesterday at 1:44 am by 7

» 2018 Reserve Driver Thread
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 pm by NathanSmith83

» 2018 AERS Race 7 - Willow Point (Willow Point Dash)
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 pm by Weatherman

» 2018 AARO Pennzoil Truck Series Race 3 - Daytona (Daytona 120)
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:21 pm by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2018 MRT Race 7 - Michigan (Corrigan Oil 150)
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:41 pm by NickSant15

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 112 registered users
The newest registered user is coolcokekid22

Our users have posted a total of 43069 messages in 2727 subjects
Top posters
7 (7592)

Jesse Pizzajarvi (4010)

DLeck6211 (3615)

Its Webzic (3205)

Tanrar (2917)

VincentGiac426 (2364)

VerizonGuy12 (1964)

kensethfan (1905)

Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)

Jrod (1642)

Share | 

(STV Driver Blog) A fighter in a time of panic: Jonathan DiVierdi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: (STV Driver Blog) A fighter in a time of panic: Jonathan DiVierdi   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm

STV Sports
Casey Lester
1/4/13
Staten Island, NY

Dangerous Dog Racing wrote:
Jonathan DiVierdi Released From DDR; Shaw Named New Driver and Ben Kohler new Spotter

"Boy is Maddox ever going to be busy! I asked Maddox what he thought about running AYG & NCSTT and he quickly responded in excitement. He will bring his truck series spotter, Ben Kohler with him. They work well together and I think they'll do a great job in this series."

It was obvious at this point DiVierdi, the former spotter had been released due to his actions.

"There was no point to keep him around. He really provoked the rest of the team to start that fight and I was not happy. The whole team has been fined $2,000 each by me and that money will go to the Jean Swarts Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation. Johnathan has been fined $10,000 and has been released. This guy made our team look like a joke and I can assure you it won't happen again."

Jonathan DiVierdi remembers this incident from the 2011 AYG West Virginia 150 well. It perhaps tarnished his reputation around the AARO garage. However, what most don't realize was that the brawl he caused was out of fear and anger.

"I think of how things would've been had I not attacked [Allie] Knight's crew." DiVierdi told reporters on Friday. "When Casey hit that guardrail, I could just see the right front pretty much squish together like a person crushing a soda can. So I was begging he would say something to me like 'Hey, I'm alright' and that he woulda gotten out somehow."

But that wasn't the end of the horror for the 49 team. "I saw the 79 come barreling in there and I never saw her slow down. Casey went spinnin' around like a top and then he just slid to the botom of the track amd the 15 slid into his driver's door. I was screaming for him to talk to us. When he didn't, I looked down toward the 94 pit stall, threw my headset on the ground and broke it, said "You're all gonna pay for that." and just charged at 'em. I thought Casey mighta been dead an' I made sure they knew how we felt about it; so I run at 'em and I hear everyone else tryin' to stop me, but I got some pretty good punches on 'em before my team got there n' joined in. Then I had the fine and Tyson fired me the next day. But what the hell would you do if your good friend was almost killed in front of your own eyes?"

Jonathan hasn't been able to find employment in AARO since then, aside from his driving duties in the ill-fated WRA Kingsford National Series and crew chief for Casey Lester in PTRL, but to this day, he says that the brawl from the summer of 2011 was out of fear for a friend. The one who is typing this article today. I have a massive amount of respect and appreciation for Mr. DiVierdi's concern for my well-being and will always identify him as a reason for my successes.

EDIT (12/25/14): He is no longer my crew chief, but the ending point I make still stands.

(STV Driver Blog) A fighter in a time of panic: Jonathan DiVierdi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: American Automobile Racing Organization :: AARO AMP Energy Racing Series (AERS) :: Prospects-
Jump to: