The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 Profile
 AARO
 
Latest topics
» 2017 Racing Season
Yesterday at 1:03 pm by FitzwaterAustralia59

» How bad was the "split/fight/whatever it was"
Yesterday at 11:38 am by NathanSmith83

» The Music Thread
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm by vbooy57

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» Reality check...
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 109 registered users
The newest registered user is nolan56

Our users have posted a total of 45604 messages in 2717 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)
 
ElectricWolf71 (3932)
 
DLeck6211 (3612)
 
Its Webzic (3205)
 
Tanrar (2917)
 
VincentGiac426 (2365)
 
VerizonGuy12 (1943)
 
kensethfan (1904)
 
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
 
Jrod (1643)
 

Share | 
 

 My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2365
Join date : 2009-05-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 am

I've hated them ever since the inception of their careers; I go humph reylly quick whenever they start falking around on the track. It really tends to ware out my mouth saying that they just don't have the key to fair competition, and their sneaky tactics are just not up to par, sons. I give them only a tri-star out of five for effort.

_________________
  Watch the Classic Racing Network!  
Back to top Go down
The Troll Doctor
On Probation
avatar

Posts : 377
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 20
Location : Sidney NY

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:43 pm

my question is why do they exist? the point of racing is to race, not to mosey around the track doing nothing
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:39 pm

The Troll Doctor wrote:
my question is why do they exist? the point of racing is to race, not to mosey around the track doing nothing

While I hate them as much as the next guy, they are doing it for a simple reason: money. If you put a car out on the track, you'll win some money for it. Simple as that.

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Nick399 wrote:
The Troll Doctor wrote:
my question is why do they exist? the point of racing is to race, not to mosey around the track doing nothing

While I hate them as much as the next guy, they are doing it for a simple reason: money. If you put a car out on the track, you'll win some money for it. Simple as that.

I'm not sure how they can make money. Without sponsorship, the only money they get is the race winnings. Thats about $65,000 for last place. It about $200,000 to enter a cup race (based on what Josh Wise said). Tires, engines, bodies, paying crew members, it all adds up. I don't know how they make money.

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Eric J Floppyfish wrote:
Nick399 wrote:
The Troll Doctor wrote:
my question is why do they exist? the point of racing is to race, not to mosey around the track doing nothing

While I hate them as much as the next guy, they are doing it for a simple reason: money. If you put a car out on the track, you'll win some money for it. Simple as that.

I'm not sure how they can make money. Without sponsorship, the only money they get is the race winnings. Thats about $65,000 for last place. It about $200,000 to enter a cup race (based on what Josh Wise said). Tires, engines, bodies, paying crew members, it all adds up. I don't know how they make money.

Well I know that is why ARCA teams park. I don't know any reason for Cup teams to park other than maybe owner points or something?

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2365
Join date : 2009-05-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

I think you all might have missed the joke of the original post. Razz

_________________
  Watch the Classic Racing Network!  
Back to top Go down
Tanrar
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 2917
Join date : 2010-09-17
Age : 22
Location : A place.

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 pm

AmpEnergy426 wrote:
I think you all might have missed the joke of the original post. Razz

Went back and read it a second time.

I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

AmpEnergy426 wrote:
I think you all might have missed the joke of the original post. Razz

...You clever bastard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I got it the first time, but still took it as a legitimate post. Razz

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Jakar545
Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2011-11-25
Location : Quartz Land

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Honestly, start and park teams exist for no other reason than to enter the race, qualify for the race (most of the time), and park the car near the beginning of the race they entered.
Back to top Go down
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3932
Join date : 2010-09-02
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Jakar545 wrote:
Honestly, start and park teams exist for no other reason than to enter the race, qualify for the race (most of the time), and park the car near the beginning of the race they entered.

They only exist to get money and repeat the process you listed. In my opinion, if you don't have a legitimate team ready, you shouldn't race.

_________________
Owner of the Palm Tree Racing League.
Music, motorsports, hockey and some good friends. What more could a guy want?
Resident Landon Cassill fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers   

Back to top Go down
 
My Opinion on Start and Park Drivers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What start and Park Driver deserves more?
» Sams Town 300 - Nationwide Series
» Cleaned EGR Now car wont start
» 98 park ave ultra bin
» My bike won't start either...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: Welcome To The AARO Forum :: Racing Discussion-
Jump to: