The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 Profile
 AARO
 
Latest topics
» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Racing Season
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm by vbooy57

» How bad was the "split/fight/whatever it was"
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 pm by vbooy57

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» Reality check...
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» The Music Thread
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:53 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 109 registered users
The newest registered user is nolan56

Our users have posted a total of 45590 messages in 2717 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)
 
ElectricWolf71 (3929)
 
DLeck6211 (3612)
 
Its Webzic (3205)
 
Tanrar (2917)
 
VincentGiac426 (2365)
 
VerizonGuy12 (1943)
 
kensethfan (1904)
 
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
 
Jrod (1643)
 

Share | 
 

 That's it, most likely.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:23 pm

It's been a hell of a year and a half I've been here. I've met a lot of great people here, some that I even still consider great. However, most notably in the last few months, the atmosphere has gotten chiller. Not at homey as it used to be. And I'm not okay with that.

I don't know if you recall the huge multi-forum war this summer, but I was a huge part of that. I backed AARO all the way. I cared so much about this place then. I had my fair share of sleepless nights worrying about it. It had become a 2nd home of sorts back then. I loved this place. I cared about it twice as much as my forum, let alone any other forum.

Today I called out the forum in an attempt to make people realize that this is not how the forum should be. Not how it was.

This attempt failed. A few people I once considered friends proved to me that I was correct in my previous line of thinking of leaving.

The final blow came when Nick, who was among my best friends this summer, said "Whatever dude." Those words hurt me. Hurt me bad. I can tell you, I have tears in my eyes as I type this. I fucking hate to do this.

Thanks to many of you. Many of you remain my friends, and I've met you here. Tanner, Chives, Dan, Jrod, Vinny, Matt, Mikey, Rory, Nick D, Weddur, Will, Justin, AMR, albox, Greg, Bartman, Ike, Nate, Landon, Pudge, Eric, Blake, Woody, Cole, Keith, I met you here. Others, too.

And Nick, thank you, from October 2010 to late 2011 I considered you a great friend and supporter in my league. And I hope the old Nick returns someday, and I hope this place does become what it once was.

I'll be watching AARO, keeping an ear to the ground, but for now, this is it.

This is among the hardest things I've ever done.

-Tim
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Please don't go, Tim. A lot of us just need to learn to calm down. I say stupid things all the time, I admit that, and I regret a lot of it. Please take this into consideration. We're all friends here. You can't just leave us behind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:27 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Please don't go, Tim. A lot of us just need to learn to calm down. I say stupid things all the time, I admit that, and I regret a lot of it. Please take this into consideration. We're all friends here. You can't just leave us behind.
Means a lot to me Matt, really, it does. I just can't stay, at least not right now.
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1643
Join date : 2010-02-11
Age : 25
Location : Charlotte, North Cackalack

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm

It's really sad to see you go. Hope to see you back again at some point, as, although we had our squabbles, you were a good member here on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Please don't go, Tim. A lot of us just need to learn to calm down. I say stupid things all the time, I admit that, and I regret a lot of it. Please take this into consideration. We're all friends here. You can't just leave us behind.
Means a lot to me Matt, really, it does. I just can't stay, at least not right now.

Yes, you can. You've got nothing to be sorry for. You're a loyal friend to me and many others. There are too many that want to see you go.

I'll fight this to the bitter in to make sure we don't lose you. This argument currently taking place is not worth losing somebody over. And if you won't take it from me, take it from the rest of us. I beg of you not to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 pm

kensethfan wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Please don't go, Tim. A lot of us just need to learn to calm down. I say stupid things all the time, I admit that, and I regret a lot of it. Please take this into consideration. We're all friends here. You can't just leave us behind.
Means a lot to me Matt, really, it does. I just can't stay, at least not right now.

Yes, you can. You've got nothing to be sorry for. You're a loyal friend to me and many others. There are too many that want to see you go.

I'll fight this to the bitter in to make sure we don't lose you. This argument currently taking place is not worth losing somebody over. And if you won't take it from me, take it from the rest of us. I beg of you not to go.
I'm sorry...but when Nick said "Whatever, dude. Alright bye" my mind was made up.
Back to top Go down
Chives5150
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:46 pm

That was a very respectful post, Tim. You still got the NAACD and WoR forums to hang around, so some of us will see you there, look-alike me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Chives5150 wrote:
That was a very respectful post, Tim. You still got the NAACD and WoR forums to hang around, so some of us will see you there, look-alike me.
That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna stay long enough to see this thread resolved, but after that, don't expect to see much of me at all here, guys.

This tears me apart, I tell you...
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Chives5150 wrote:
That was a very respectful post, Tim. You still got the NAACD and WoR forums to hang around, so some of us will see you there, look-alike me.
That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna stay long enough to see this thread resolved, but after that, don't expect to see much of me at all here, guys.

This tears me apart, I tell you...

This is just my thinking, but I think the problem this forum has is that we have little to no plan for how this forum is run, not from what I can tell. If not that, we need a better system of admins, somebody that can put their foot down when something happens that shouldn't. Not like the OSW admins, mind you, but somebody who has a sense of humor and an iron fist.

Again, just thinking aloud. I'm still not letting you go, Tim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend


Posts : 3612
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 28
Location : Burger King

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 pm

kensethfan wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:
Chives5150 wrote:
That was a very respectful post, Tim. You still got the NAACD and WoR forums to hang around, so some of us will see you there, look-alike me.
That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna stay long enough to see this thread resolved, but after that, don't expect to see much of me at all here, guys.

This tears me apart, I tell you...

This is just my thinking, but I think the problem this forum has is that we have little to no plan for how this forum is run, not from what I can tell. If not that, we need a better system of admins, somebody that can put their foot down when something happens that shouldn't. Not like the OSW admins, mind you, but somebody who has a sense of humor and an iron fist.
*raises hand*
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2365
Join date : 2009-05-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 pm

kensethfan wrote:

This is just my thinking, but I think the problem this forum has is that we have little to no plan for how this forum is run, not from what I can tell.

http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com/t1994-forum-chatbox-rules

^

We have that.


Tim, you really don't have to leave. But if you do I'll miss you.

_________________
  Watch the Classic Racing Network!  
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:17 pm

AAROdynamic426 wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

This is just my thinking, but I think the problem this forum has is that we have little to no plan for how this forum is run, not from what I can tell.

http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com/t1994-forum-chatbox-rules

^

We have that.


Tim, you really don't have to leave. But if you do I'll miss you.

Then you should really be a little more strict enforcing it. I think that argument we just had in the RDT should've been taken care of and/or canned already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Se7en
Racing Phenom
avatar

Posts : 591
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Well, I would say I'll miss you around here, but seeing as there's NAACD, EFR, etc..., I'll see you in other places. Hope you still run the NAACD!

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: That's it, most likely.   

Back to top Go down
 
That's it, most likely.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: Welcome To The AARO Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: