The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 Profile
 AARO
 
Latest topics
» 2017 Racing Season
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:47 pm by FitzwaterAustralia59

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:07 pm by RedViperGaming

» How bad was the "split/fight/whatever it was"
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:35 pm by Josh Mertz

» The Music Thread
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» Reality check...
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 110 registered users
The newest registered user is garry9

Our users have posted a total of 45614 messages in 2716 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)
 
ElectricWolf71 (3931)
 
DLeck6211 (3612)
 
Its Webzic (3205)
 
Tanrar (2917)
 
VincentGiac426 (2365)
 
VerizonGuy12 (1943)
 
kensethfan (1904)
 
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
 
Jrod (1643)
 

Share | 
 

 SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3931
Join date : 2010-09-02
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 pm

So, I've heard about if these two bills get passed, the internet is basically f**ked... I know Tanner's going to be off for a while because of this. I don't know anyone else who might be blacking out, but I just have to say it's been a true blast being here and if this site gets taken down, it'll be a shame.

_________________
Owner of the Palm Tree Racing League.
Music, motorsports, hockey and some good friends. What more could a guy want?
Resident Landon Cassill fan.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
So, I've heard about if these two bills get passed, the internet is basically f**ked... I know Tanner's going to be off for a while because of this. I don't know anyone else who might be blacking out, but I just have to say it's been a true blast being here and if this site gets taken down, it'll be a shame.
There is no way that under either of these bills the forum would be taken down. I mean, the only things it could be taken down for are videos or images hosted, but we do not host our videos nor our images here.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Actually the site can be taken down. The AARO logos have copyright things in them (AMP Logo, Aflac Logo, ect.). In WRA and AARO we use sponsors without asking the people if it is ok with us using it and posting it on the internet. We post pictures on here of cars with logos that aren't ours. We are basically f***ed.

COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT! UGG!!!

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Eric J Floppyfish wrote:
Actually the site can be taken down. The AARO logos have copyright things in them (AMP Logo, Aflac Logo, ect.). In WRA and AARO we use sponsors without asking the people if it is ok with us using it and posting it on the internet. We post pictures on here of cars with logos that aren't ours. We are basically f***ed.

COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT! UGG!!!
Images, such as logos, aren't hosted here. They're hosted at imgfast.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:49 pm

I've heard about this, and personally, I sincerely doubt that the bill will get passed. Besides, they're delaying it again. They've lost a number of sponsors, and even if I'm wrong, Anonymous is going to own their sorry a**. They're like the freaking army of the Internet.

I doubt this site will go down because of SOPA, because there is such a thing as Creative Commons. I say that to brighten our hopes a bit, but I don't know if companies like Aflac and AMP Energy support that.

And because I made this mistake (because apparently I can't read!), anyone looking for something on Wikipedia will get that black screen. Read that blurb all the way through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
The Troll Doctor
On Probation
avatar

Posts : 377
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 20
Location : Sidney NY

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 pm

@congress
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend


Posts : 3612
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 28
Location : Burger King

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 pm

It's not going to happen, there are many sites that are against this, and not to mention, if this does get passed, many people will be out of a job.

If you guys watch the news, the Occupy movement is now occupying Congress, so if anything, we still have a chance.

SOPA and PIPA can suck my balls.
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I don't see this bill getting passed. And honestly, your stupid congress is making the US look really, really stupid. This is going to kill the internet everywhere and not just the US.

EDIT: The US also seems to slowly be turning into communist country, slowly but it is.. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
GWoodard41
Racing Phenom
avatar

Posts : 535
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 28
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Brad Casey Keselester wrote:
It's not going to happen, there are many sites that are against this, and not to mention, if this does get passed, many people will be out of a job.

If you guys watch the news, the Occupy movement is now occupying Congress, so if anything, we still have a chance.

SOPA and PIPA can suck my balls.

Wait, I thought they were all for the government solving their problems! You mean to tell me that they only like government to bail them out of their bad choices but nothing else?!

And people said that big government was a good thing, maybe this will have people waking up and reading the constitution.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
This is going to kill the internet everywhere and not just the US.

I knew this. Rolling Eyes

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
EDIT: The US also seems to slowly be turning into communist country, slowly but it is.. Just saying.

All of America's problems has honestly made me consider moving to Canada when I'm old enough to move out.

GWoodard41 wrote:
Wait, I thought they were all for the government solving their problems! You mean to tell me that they only like government to bail them out of their bad choices but nothing else?!

And people said that big government was a good thing, maybe this will have people waking up and reading the constitution.

I have a copy of the Constitution and you've tempted me to nerdgasm. DO NOT. MAKE. ME NERDGASM.


Last edited by kensethfan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
This is going to kill the internet everywhere and not just the US.

I knew this. Rolling Eyes

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
EDIT: The US also seems to slowly be turning into communist country, slowly but it is.. Just saying.

All of America's problems has honestly made me consider moving to Canada when I'm old enough to move out.

Smart kid. Razz
Back to top Go down
GWoodard41
Racing Phenom
avatar

Posts : 535
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 28
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm willing to move to Canada if I had the money, the Canadians I've met are very nice. Unlike some people down here in the US, especially in the Northeast and Metro California Areas.

I have been to Calgary and Toronto in my travels, so yes, I have been to Canada, I even had a 'crush' (basically we were planning to go out) from Toronto, sadly, she had to move back when her dad got transferred, and for the life of me, I can't remember her name.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend


Posts : 3612
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 28
Location : Burger King

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I hate to say it, but Canada sounds good to me right now.....Oh Canada, Maples Leafs, Syrup and Hockey.....OH Canada.....

is that how the anthem goes?
Back to top Go down
bungaree
Racing Legend


Posts : 259
Join date : 2010-09-12
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane, Australia

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Then crowding up Canada?
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 21
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Brad Casey Keselester wrote:
I hate to say it, but Canada sounds good to me right now.....Oh Canada, Maples Leafs, Syrup and Hockey.....OH Canada.....

is that how the anthem goes?

Yep, 2012 is going to happen.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend


Posts : 3612
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 28
Location : Burger King

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
Brad Casey Keselester wrote:
I hate to say it, but Canada sounds good to me right now.....Oh Canada, Maples Leafs, Syrup and Hockey.....OH Canada.....

is that how the anthem goes?

Yep, 2012 is going to happen.
of course it's going to happen, it's 2012 now...

now the OTHER 2012....I'm going to laugh when it DOESN'T happen.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I love that everyone calls controlling of the state by the government "communism"...you, like everyone else for the last several decades, should learn the true definition of communism.

"Communism is a social, political and economic ideology that aims at the establishment of a classless, moneyless, stateless and revolutionary socialist society structured upon common ownership of the means of production."

Stateless. No government.

SOPA is communism, right guys?
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend


Posts : 3612
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 28
Location : Burger King

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/obama-stops-controversial-sopa-internet-piracy-bill/

I'm not much of a religious person...(let alone Christian), but I'm praying this happens.....
Back to top Go down
ElectricWolf71
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3931
Join date : 2010-09-02
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Just got word Obama declined the acts. YES!!! Very Happy

_________________
Owner of the Palm Tree Racing League.
Music, motorsports, hockey and some good friends. What more could a guy want?
Resident Landon Cassill fan.
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend


Posts : 3612
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 28
Location : Burger King

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:00 pm

GENTELMEN AND *ahem* LADIES......I think this might be a victory to us all, hopefully he doesn't get re-elected, or we would all be screwed.....

Gentelmen, we drink until we are so drunk we can't even type, screw the age limit!
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Lol Wikipedia is blacked out.

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
Just got word Obama declined the acts. YES!!! Very Happy

Well done Mr. President! Well done. We could have been f***ed if that went through.
Back to top Go down
kensethfan
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1904
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Nick399 wrote:
Lol Wikipedia is blacked out.

It was an act of protest against SOPA. So what if they blacked out? Either way, they're back up now.

Also, UPDATE: Wetz said it best with his last FaceBook status:

Chris Wetz wrote:
Well..Guess they didnt need SOPA.

Case in point, Megaupload.com has been taken down. And there goes quite a number of archived NR2003 files.

I can confirm myself that Obama has vetoed the SOPA bill. On top of that, the petition, according to Google, reached 7 million signatures, including my own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kensethfanracing.webs.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Nick399 wrote:
Lol Wikipedia is blacked out.

It was an act of protest against SOPA. So what if they blacked out? Either way, they're back up now.

Also, UPDATE: Wetz said it best with his last FaceBook status:

Chris Wetz wrote:
Well..Guess they didnt need SOPA.

Case in point, Megaupload.com has been taken down. And there goes quite a number of archived NR2003 files.

I can confirm myself that Obama has vetoed the SOPA bill. On top of that, the petition, according to Google, reached 7 million signatures, including my own.
They had probable cause for Megaupload I suppose, or some stupid **** like that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

And Neil MacBride will find himself with a target on his back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)   

Back to top Go down
 
SOPA and PIPA passing/not passing (site in possible danger?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SOPA & PIPA - stop it now please
» Roadtrippin'
» Dan Thornton RIP
» New site sponsor!! NEW MINI STUFF!!
» Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: Welcome To The AARO Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: