Jrod (1643)

Share | 

AERS Words of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Hello, and welcome to the first ever edition of AERS Words of the Week. I'm your host, James Spalding, and today, we're gonna cover the season opener for the 2011 AERS season, the Livonia 250. Quite an interesting way to start the season, eh? So, let's get started.

HOLY WIND SPEED, BATMAN!: Early on, it looked like Matt Contey in the #85 car was one of the fastest cars on the track, leading early in the race, but then he got shuffled to the high side, and was freight trained by the pack. By Lap 25, he was down in the mid-20s in the running order. Consequently, this would result in him getting caught up in the first big crash of the day on Lap 27. Darrien Maneren clips the #56 of Ted Hendricks in turn 3, and when the smoke clears, about 10-15 cars are involved in the frontstretch mayhem, including Contey, who dropped out of the race. Daniel Leckliter was also involved, flipping several times down the frontstretch.

SPONSOR FAIL: Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but when the race came back from one of the commercials, it showed Allstate and Geico, two competing insurance companies, as sponsors for the Livonia 250. Facepalm. That's what I call a What the F**k moment. Laughing

THE FIRST CHECKERED FLAG GOES TO...: Greg Sauer in the #24 car, who held off a fierce field of cars including Tyson Lautenschlager in the final few laps of the race to earn the victory. Congratulations to Sauer and the #24 team on a tremendous win.

Well, that's all for today's edition of Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're signing off.

Last edited by Packer71 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DLeck6211
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:07 pm

It's Leckliter, but whatever...
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Maybe James Spalding should be fired. I see a lot of mistakes in here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:13 pm

NavyCook75 wrote:
It's Leckliter, but whatever...

I fixed it. Sorry about that. Wink

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
Maybe James Spalding should be fired. I see a lot of mistakes in here. Razz

Okay, name what mistakes there are, and I'll correct them.

Besides, I don't really pay as much attention to AERS as I do ARLA and TMMC, so I'm not that familiar with the AERS drivers. Over time, that will improve, so you're just gonna have to bear with me until then.

One more thing: the reason I'm doing an AERS version of Words of the Week is because Vinny liked the EFR version, and asked me to do one over here. Cool
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:50 pm

You fixed one I was going to point out about Sauer witgh multiple victories and Leckliter. One I can correct is TED Hendricks and not Todd.

I also really like the ARLA/TMMC one so I'll probably enjoy this as well!
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello, and welcome to another great edition of AERS Words of the Week. I'm your host, James Spalding, and today, we are covering the second round of the AERS's 2011 campaign, the AAA 200 at Daytona International Speedway, and this race saw some hard hits. Let's get started.

NATE KNOWITALL APPARENTLY DOESN'T KNOW IT ALL: The first major incident of the day occured on Lap 10, when Nate Knowitall hooked former AERS champion Nick Kozoro in the right rear in turn 2, taking both cars into the wall and before it was all said and done, about 14 cars were involved in the wreck. Wrecking a former champion is not proper manners. Nate, you should know better than that. At least, according to your namesake, you should.

IS THAT A CRUISE MISSILE?!: Of course, the first wreck paled in comparison to the unreal wreck that happened on Lap 21. In turn 2, 4 cars get together for what seemed like a small crash, but as the cars slide down to the apron, the cars of Jerry Richson and Kimo Talofa come barreling in at 180 mph, sending at least 4 cars flying off the ground, and about 10 more cars were involved in this wreck. At this point, it looks like there were no serious injuries to report, which is great to hear, because that could've been really bad.

EICHHOLTZ FOR THE WIN: Through all the mayhem this race saw, Patrick Eichholtz in the #72 proved to be the car to beat in this race. He led the most laps (10), and held off a furious charge from behind to take his fourth career AERS victory, and in doing so, he becomes the new AERS points leader. Congrats to the #72 team and Patrick Eichholtz on a job well done.

Well, that is all for today's edition of Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're signing off.

Last edited by Packer71 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Packer71 wrote:
NATE KNOWITALL APPARENTLY DOESN'T KNOW IT ALL:
Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:12 pm

well, its not ALL his fault, Kozoro did kind of push up the track (yes I'm defending my fictional driver Razz )

thats still hilarious though Smile
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:44 pm

NateThe#1Hndrkfan wrote:
well, its not ALL his fault, Kozoro did kind of push up the track (yes I'm defending my fictional driver Razz )

thats still hilarious though Smile

That's the whole point. Part of my sense of humor, I guess. Laughing sunny
Back to top Go down
Jrod
World Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:46 pm

It's "Talofa", not "Tolofa". GET IT RIGHT. Razz Jk. I don't really care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/Jrodsly
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Jrod wrote:
It's "Talofa", not "Tolofa". GET IT RIGHT. Razz Jk. I don't really care.

Hold on a sec. Bolt

(edits previous post)

Okay. It's fixed. Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:22 am

Hello, and welcome to another great edition of AERS Words of the Week. I'm your host, James Spalding, here to cover the third round of the 2011 AERS season, the Ford 200 at the Boston International Speedway. Let's get started.

IGNITION FAILURES SUCK: Early on, it looked like defending champion Herb Cilantro was gonna dominate the race much like he did last year. He led 64 laps, over half the race, but an ignition failure late in the race took away his chance at a repeat win, and leaving him with a 38th place finish. Ouch.

WHO DA HELL IS CHAD LAPINSKI?!: That's a very good question. Chad Lapinski is a new driver in the AERS, but showed that he might have a bright future when he made the pass on Herb Cilantro on Lap 72, and led the final 28 laps on the way to his first career win in just his third start. Pretty impressive, considering he passed the defending champion who has dominated the last two races at Boston.

THE NEW POINTS LEADER IS TYSON LAUTENMONDOJAGGER OR SOMETHING: Laughing Actually, it's Tyson Lautenschlager, who took over the points lead when he finished tenth in the Ford 200. Previous leader Patrick Eichholtz finished back in the 30's, so it wasn't a very good weekend for him, eh?

Well, that's all for today's edition of Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're signing off, eh?

Last edited by Packer71 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Packer71 wrote:
Pretty impressive, considering he passed the defending champion who had dominated at Boston the last two years.

Just last year, actually. AERS didn't go to Boston in 2009.

Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:46 pm

AAROdynamic426 wrote:
Packer71 wrote:
Pretty impressive, considering he passed the defending champion who had dominated at Boston the last two years.

Just last year, actually. AERS didn't go to Boston in 2009.

I meant 2010 and 2011. Maybe I should've said races instead of years, would've made more sense now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Hello, and welcome to another great edition of Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're here to cover the fourth round of the 2011 AERS season at Mosport. This race actually came down to fuel milage. Let's get started.

THE FINAL S CURVE HATES YOU ALL: Maybe it's just me, but the last two corners seemed to be where all the carnage was. I think I counted ten different wrecks in those last two corners. Note to AERS: maybe you should've used the oval.

SIMMONS RUNS OUT OF GAS... ON THE COOLDOWN LAP: It was a huge gamble, but Brad Simmons managed to save enough fuel to take his first AERS victory of the season and the eighth of his career. Then his car runs out of gas on the cooldown lap. I'd say his crew chief calculated just right. Laughing

THE POINTS LEAD CHANGES HANDS... AGAIN: The day was a little bit of a struggle for Tyson Lautenschalger, who finished in 16th and drops to fourth in the standings after coming in as the points leader. Even though he finished third after leading the most laps and losing to fuel milage gambles, AERS rookie Mike Oppenheimer is the new points leader. Four races, four different points leaders, and with Oppenheimer having just a five point advantage over 2nd place Patrick Eichholtz, this game of musical chairs with the point lead may not be done yet.

Well, that's all for today's edition of Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're signing off.
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:35 pm

WIN cheers

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Nick399 wrote:
WIN cheers

Thank you, sir. Cool
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Hello, and welcome to another great edition of AERS Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're here to cover the fifth round of the AERS season at South Boston, the Walmart 300. Let's get started.

4-WIDE ON A SHORT TRACK DOES NOT WORK: On Lap 74, a four-wide situation caused a massive pile-up that saw championship contender Mike Oppenheimer and the dominator of the race up to that point, Joey Johnson, collected. Come on, you guys. You're all professionals here. You know four-wide doesn't work on short tracks. In fact, in doesn't really work anywhere.

MIKAEL CARTER FTW: After Johnson was knocked out in the massive Lap 74 debacle, the race was now up for grabs, and it fell into the hands of Mikael Carter, who would go on to take his first win of the season and move up into the top ten in the points standings.

GUESS WHO'S BACK ON TOP: And I'm pretty sure the rest of the competitors don't want to see this. Eight-time AERS champion Fred Ritcher is the new points leader, and with two runner-up finishes already this season, is a record ninth title in Ritcher's future? His opponents certainly hope that's not the case. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 pm

i still havn't watched the race, but its obvious that i just have terrible luck.
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello, and welcome to another great edition of AERS Words of the Week. I'm James Spalding, and we're going road course racing on the streets of Los Angeles. Let's get started.

BRADSHAW DUMPS EICHHOLTZ: There wasn't really much to speak of for this race, but all three major incidents involved the #73 of Jacob Eichholtz. The first he was just a victim when Todd Bradshaw spun the 73 off the last corner on Lap 13. Bradshaw continued on, and Eichholtz had to pit for repairs.

WRONG CAR, BUDDY: On Lap 37, Eichholtz, who was still frustrated about the Lap 17 incident, decides to run over Justin Pisani for some reason, which takes Pisani out of contention for a good finish. Eichholtz was called to the hauler and penalized 15 points for the incident.

WILSON WINS, LAUTENSCHLAGER BACK ON TOP: With some fuel mileage strategy, Brian Wilson scored his first AERS victory in just his sixth career start. In fact, rookies occupied the first five positions. In the meantime, Tyson Lautenschlager is back on top of the points standings, 25 points ahead of Fred Ritcher. Who will be the points leader next week? Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:58 pm

pit stop fail should recieve an honorable mention.
Back to top Go down
Packer71
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey, everyone, I apologize for not updating this, but I just don't have the same kind of commitment to AARO as I do to TMMC and ARLA. Sooooooo...

If anyone here wishes to take over this thread, you have my permission to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AERS Words of the Week   

Back to top Go down

AERS Words of the Week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1