The AARO Racing Forum

Home of the American Automobile Racing Organization
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Navigation
 Forum Index
 Rules
 Profile
 AARO
 
Latest topics
» 2017 Racing Season
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm by FitzwaterAustralia59

» How bad was the "split/fight/whatever it was"
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:38 am by NathanSmith83

» The Music Thread
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Schedule
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am by ElectricWolf71

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) Part 18
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 pm by vbooy57

» Leckliter to return to AARO?
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am by DLeck6211

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Race 12: Music City (Fender 150)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am by PCOPirate81

» Reality check...
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm by ElectricWolf71

» 2017 Paint List
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm by vbooy57

» 2015 PTRL XM Radio National Series Main Thread/Info
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm by ElectricWolf71

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 69 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Statistics
We have 109 registered users
The newest registered user is nolan56

Our users have posted a total of 45603 messages in 2716 subjects
Top posters
Nick399 (7428)
 
ElectricWolf71 (3931)
 
DLeck6211 (3612)
 
Its Webzic (3205)
 
Tanrar (2917)
 
VincentGiac426 (2365)
 
VerizonGuy12 (1943)
 
kensethfan (1904)
 
Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)
 
Jrod (1643)
 

Share | 
 

 Stoddard starts new Cup team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 am

Jayski wrote:
Stoddard starts new Cup team UPDATE: Frank Stoddard, a 14-time Cup winner as a crew chief has formed his own NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team and plans to run the full 36-race schedule with the #32 Ford. No driver has been named and the team is currently seeking sponsorship support. "I'm really eager to get this off the ground," said Stoddard. "It's a great time to enter the sport. We'll just have to wait and see where we can go from here. My hope is to take this team to a competitive level and put together some respectable runs with the limited resources we have in place. One never knows, with our determination and just a little bit of funding we could definitely improve our chances on the track." Stoddard plans to open the season with the Daytona 500.(National Speed Sport News) Stoddard was the crew cheif of the #26 Latitude 43 team that attempted all 36 races in 2011 with various drivers, but has not made its plans for 2011 known and didn't test at Daytona.(2-3-2011)
UPDATE: Veteran crewchief Frank Stoddard has joined the ranks of team ownership, joining with U.S. Chrome Corporation owner and CEO Bob Reath to form FAS Lane Racing, a new NASCAR Sprint Cup Series operation that will run the full 2011 championship schedule. "We've acquired a few cars from Richard Petty Motorsports and a few from Roush-Fenway," said Stoddard. "Doug Yates is going to build us some killer race engines, and we're looking forward to making our debut at the Daytona 500." Stoddard said his goals are realistic for 2011. "We're not going to be out there knocking off Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing and Roush," he said. "Our goal will be to run between 15th and 30th, and by doing that, to give a smaller sponsor a ton of exposure."
Stoddard and Reath first joined forces nearly a quarter-century ago -- in 1988 -- when U.S. Chrome backed New Hampshire driver Dana Patten in five races on what is now the Sprint Cup Series. Stoddard served as crewchief and chassis specialist for the team, and more recently teamed with Reath to field cars for Boris Said in a limited schedule of events on the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Last year, he served as crewchief for the #26 Latitude 43 Motorsports team, an operation that is not expected to compete this season.
"I am energized to be back partnering with U.S. Chrome and Bob Reath& this time as co-owners on NASCAR's grandest stage." Stoddard said. "With U.S. Chrome's sponsorship of the FAS Lane Racing Team, we look forward to hitting the ground running at the Daytona 500." The team will announce its Daytona 500 driver early next week, with Stoddard hinting he may utilize multiple wheelmen over the course of the season.(Sirius Speedway)(2-4-2011)


YAY!!!

I've always been a big fan of Frankie Stoddard and for him to make a cup team is awesome! They should have gotten the 19's points, there running the full year. But now that the 27 of Paul Menard is getting the 71's points ( http://www.nascar.com/news/110204/pmenard-guarenteed-daytona-500-starter/index.html ) that means that the 98 points are open. Guaranteed starting spot for the first 5 races? They will do better the Latitude 43 last year. Now on to the driver. I see Frankie calling up Boris Said but Boris can't keep a car in the top 35. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Speed was in that car. He was pretty good and last year he proved he can keep a car in the top 35 (even though he finished 30th in points, he made the first 5 races last year on time). I just don't see him working with Frank. Them 2 drives seem the most realistic to me. Maybe Elliott but I think he is committed to Nationwide. Maybe if locked in for first 5, Jennifer Jo Cobb can make debut (she has sponsorship).

#32 (with 98 owner points) - Scott Speed - U.S. Chrome - Ford - FAS Lane Racing

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:52 am

For some reason, the paint scheme gives me Terry Labonte/Darrell Waltrip vibes because it looks very similar to the '88 Bud Chevy.
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2365
Join date : 2009-05-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:11 am

Falcon_88 wrote:
For some reason, the paint scheme gives me Terry Labonte/Darrell Waltrip vibes because it looks very similar to the '88 Bud Chevy.

(undergoes a massive revelation as he realizes that Falcon is right)

_________________
  Watch the Classic Racing Network!  
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 am

LOL SCOTT SPEED Laughing

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
avatar

Posts : 1113
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:17 am

Nick39 wrote:
LOL SCOTT SPEED Laughing


/hater

_________________
Back to top Go down
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:47 am

This team is basically what I'll call Latitude 43 Version 2.0

Frankie Stoddard was the 26 crew chief
Multiple drivers
Basically the same sponsor

As much as I like Frankie Stoddard and want them to succeed, I don't think it is going to happen. What I like about your views here, Eric are that you said, Boris Said can't keep a car in the top 35. You must remember he is a road racer. Then you start suggesting other drivers that wouldn't be able to get the job done. Scott Speed would just start a crashfest IMO. Elliott Sadler would be a good choice for a few races then you say Jennifer Jo Cobb???? I like Jennifer as she is one of my favourite truck drivers but she is far from being ready to be in the Cup Series. Give it a couple years.

If Frankie were to hire a female driver my suggest would be Johanna Long. She qualifies very well and in high positions in the trucks. I could see her decent in the cup series, but not full-time. Just a few races.

That was just my two cents on the situation and I do hope Frankie's team does well but it's basically just Latitude 43 imo.
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

moppenheimer wrote:
Nick39 wrote:
LOL SCOTT SPEED Laughing


/hater

You'd see why if you met him.

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
This team is basically what I'll call Latitude 43 Version 2.0

Frankie Stoddard was the 26 crew chief
Multiple drivers
Basically the same sponsor

As much as I like Frankie Stoddard and want them to succeed, I don't think it is going to happen. What I like about your views here, Eric are that you said, Boris Said can't keep a car in the top 35. You must remember he is a road racer. Then you start suggesting other drivers that wouldn't be able to get the job done. Scott Speed would just start a crashfest IMO. Elliott Sadler would be a good choice for a few races then you say Jennifer Jo Cobb???? I like Jennifer as she is one of my favourite truck drivers but she is far from being ready to be in the Cup Series. Give it a couple years.

If Frankie were to hire a female driver my suggest would be Johanna Long. She qualifies very well and in high positions in the trucks. I could see her decent in the cup series, but not full-time. Just a few races.

That was just my two cents on the situation and I do hope Frankie's team does well but it's basically just Latitude 43 imo.

I said Cobb cause she has sponsorship to put on the car, Scott Speed is a wreckfest but can keep the car in the top 35, Boris tried the first 4 last year plus it's his dream of becoming a full time driver (thats what he said).

This is what will happen...

Boris is gonna be in the car at Daytona. Him and Frankie have a good relationship and Boris has at least attempted the Daytona 500 for many years and he can qualify very good there (a pole I remember). He did get a top 5 with Stoddard as a crew chief, remember when he stayed out on the last caution and finished 4th or 5th? I do so it seems likely.

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
VerizonGuy12
World Racing Legend
avatar

Posts : 1943
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:16 pm

EricWebness wrote:
Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
This team is basically what I'll call Latitude 43 Version 2.0

Frankie Stoddard was the 26 crew chief
Multiple drivers
Basically the same sponsor

As much as I like Frankie Stoddard and want them to succeed, I don't think it is going to happen. What I like about your views here, Eric are that you said, Boris Said can't keep a car in the top 35. You must remember he is a road racer. Then you start suggesting other drivers that wouldn't be able to get the job done. Scott Speed would just start a crashfest IMO. Elliott Sadler would be a good choice for a few races then you say Jennifer Jo Cobb???? I like Jennifer as she is one of my favourite truck drivers but she is far from being ready to be in the Cup Series. Give it a couple years.

If Frankie were to hire a female driver my suggest would be Johanna Long. She qualifies very well and in high positions in the trucks. I could see her decent in the cup series, but not full-time. Just a few races.

That was just my two cents on the situation and I do hope Frankie's team does well but it's basically just Latitude 43 imo.

I said Cobb cause she has sponsorship to put on the car, Scott Speed is a wreckfest but can keep the car in the top 35, Boris tried the first 4 last year plus it's his dream of becoming a full time driver (thats what he said).

This is what will happen...

Boris is gonna be in the car at Daytona. Him and Frankie have a good relationship and Boris has at least attempted the Daytona 500 for many years and he can qualify very good there (a pole I remember). He did get a top 5 with Stoddard as a crew chief, remember when he stayed out on the last caution and finished 4th or 5th? I do so it seems likely.

2006 Pepsi 400?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/Michael29Shell
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Daytona doesn't take any skill whatsoever to finish well. Kevin Conway got a top 15 in that race last year. All you have to do at Daytona is be in the right place at the right time and avoid crashing.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Kevin Conway was in the top 10

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Nope he finished 14th.
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:15 pm

No, I wrote was. Hes a terrible driver, he can't beat barely sponsored teams. He was like the last car on the lead lap in that race.

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Tyson Lautenschlager
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1658
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Exactly. You proved my point. I said you don't need any skill or talent to do well at Daytona.
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2365
Join date : 2009-05-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Tyson Lautenschlager wrote:
Daytona doesn't take any skill whatsoever to finish well. Kevin Conway got a top 15 in that race last year. All you have to do at Daytona is be in the right place at the right time and avoid crashing.

So it doesn't take any skill to drive a stock car in general then? Or snake through a 20-car wreck at 200 mph while blinded by a wall of smoke, for that matter?

_________________
  Watch the Classic Racing Network!  
Back to top Go down
Its Webzic
NRPA Owner, Admin
NRPA Owner, Admin


Posts : 3205
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 20
Location : My tub

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:54 pm

This is a good discussion

_________________
Admin of the AARO Forum

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
moppenheimer
#GlossumSUX
avatar

Posts : 1113
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Nick39 wrote:
moppenheimer wrote:
Nick39 wrote:
LOL SCOTT SPEED Laughing


/hater

You'd see why if you met him.

I have. He was cool.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Nick399
Forum Founder, Admin
Forum Founder, Admin
avatar

Posts : 7428
Join date : 2009-05-16
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:33 pm

moppenheimer wrote:
Nick39 wrote:
moppenheimer wrote:
Nick39 wrote:
LOL SCOTT SPEED Laughing


/hater

You'd see why if you met him.

I have. He was cool.

Did he make a peace symbol, talk like a black man, and talk about how HE (meaning himself alone) got the pole?

_________________
Administrator and Founder of the AARO and its wonderful forum

"'cuz you dyin' if you don't live..."
Back to top Go down
http://awnmotorsports.forumandco.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Stoddard starts new Cup team   

Back to top Go down
 
Stoddard starts new Cup team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Pickering High School Ball Team On THE SCORE
» When are Team Ontario Tryouts U15?
» SA Pro running Dream Team 2010/11
» Men's 4 x 400m team qualify & WIN GOLD
» The Power Team

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: Welcome To The AARO Forum :: Racing Discussion-
Jump to: