Share | 

AARO -- Restricted Sponsors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 pm

This is basically a list of companies that, from here on out, are prohibited from sponsorship in any division of AARO. My fellow admins (the ones that run AARO anyway) are allowed to edit things into this list should they feel it necessary, and other users are free to make suggestions as to what else should be banned.

So here we go...

- Cigarettes/Tobacco/Drugs - Self-explanatory. They're unhealthy, even lethal, for people who consume them, and the business policies of the companies that sell them show nothing but greed. Never mind that a law enacted in 2011 made this illegal in real life.

- Adult Material - It's inappropriate for a forum that's supposed to be open to all ages. I don't think we want any of our younger members exposed to material that isn't suitable for them.

- Other Sports Organizations/Teams - NFL, MLB, etc. is what I'm referring to here. Have you ever seen a NASCAR team primarily sponsored by one of these organizations for more than one race? No. Why? Because NASCAR is a sporting organization too, as is AARO. It simply doesn't make sense.

- AAPT/Truck/Regional Series Teams Being Sponsored By Huge Companies or AERS Sponsors- Not completely banned, but I don't want to see them on every car in the field. Number one, because sponsor conflicts are not good. Number two, since the AAPT, Trucks, and the like are lower divisions, some/most teams there should ideally have a lower budget. Cars/trucks that are sponsored by companies like Best Buy and GoDaddy don't really reflect that, and as a result it kills the realism.

- NASCAR - Because it doesn't exist in the AARO universe. Mentioning it wouldn't be canonical.

- Racist/Hate Groups - Again, this is self-explanatory.

- Political Organizations - This isn't so much me not wanting people to make their political beliefs known as much as...well, like sports organizations, it doesn't make sense. Putting a candidate for Senate on the hood of your car for one race during their election year is fine, but don't expect to be allowed to have a Republican or Democrat organization sponsoring you for the whole season.

- Fictional Companies - AARO uses real sponsors for a reason, and that's so it looks realistic. If every car in the race was sponsored by companies like "Bolt Energy Drink" or "Meaty Vegetarian Camp", then people wouldn't take this seriously. That's not something any of us want. (It's also why I pulled the #73 and #84 AYG cars after 2009.)

Last edited by VincentGiac426 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Will Legge
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 pm

I don't get why we can have beer sponsers but not Tobacco. I mean beer aint that better
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Will Legge wrote:
I don't get why we can have beer sponsers but not Tobacco. I mean beer aint that better

I don't believe in getting drunk, but at the same time I don't think beer ever gave anyone lung cancer.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:06 pm

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the "no NORA sponsors" rule, because I recently got some complaints about it. If the response is mostly negative, I'll take the rule off or revise it.

NRPA Owner, Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:49 pm

AAROdynamic426 wrote:
I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the "no NORA sponsors" rule, because I recently got some complaints about it. If the response is mostly negative, I'll take the rule off or revise it.

Why would people complain about that? Well, I don't think that rule is necessary.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NRPARacing
Tyson Lautenschlager

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:56 pm

AAROdynamic426 wrote:

That makes absolutlely no sense.
Back to top Go down
lat8829
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm no fan of the "no NORA sponsors" rule.

Does Verizon, GoDaddy & Target complain with their teams about conflict in other series? No, because if you have a sponsor who has a good relationship with you and your team and is willing to expand beyond one series, then why not let them. In this day and age, you can't decide what the sponsors want to do, the sponsors need to make that decision, one sponsor can only do so much and they won't be there forever, so try to make the most of it.

Besides, what if Josh or Nick decide to change their sponsors? (It could happen someday)
Back to top Go down
VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Because of your responses, the rule has been done away with. However, users are still not allowed to use AERS sponsors or other huge companies for their lower-division teams. Just reiminding you.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Updated this.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:08 pm

So should Juveno have to remove his Jack Daniel's sponsorship if drugs aren't allowed?

Josh Mertz
Series Veteran

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I get away with the Marlboro branding because #barcodeswag!
Back to top Go down
http://www.asntv.us
Jesse Pizzajarvi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Okay then lol

VincentGiac426
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
So should Juveno have to remove his Jack Daniel's sponsorship if drugs aren't allowed?
Alcoholic beverages are fair game.

PostSubject: Re: AARO -- Restricted Sponsors   

Back to top Go down

AARO -- Restricted Sponsors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: American Automobile Racing Organization :: American Automobile Racing Organization League News-
Jump to: