Tyson Lautenschlager (1658)

Jrod (1642)

Share | 

Donnelly released from hospital; will be out for next 6-9 races

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lat8829
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Donnelly released from hospital; will be out for next 6-9 races   Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:49 pm

After his massive wreck in the qualifying race at Talladega, Shawn Donnelly was released from the hospital, but he didn't come out alone, Donnelly's parents, sister and Louis Tellez, Donnelly's car owner/teammate, all came out with him. The Doctors at the hospital had said that Donnelly had suffured a concussion, a broken leg, and some broken ribs after arrivng via helicoptor from Talladega.

After arriving in Boston, Tellez had scheduled a press conference at the LT Motorsports race shop, both men talked to the media and Donnelly had an annoucement concerning the rest of his season:

Shawn: "Well, first of all, yes i'm alive and kicking... even on one leg."

Media: "What were your first thoughts after the wreck"

Shawn: "Am I in heaven?"

(media laughs)

"Seriously, I felt pain, lots of pain, couldn't move a muscle except my eyes, I was awake but I needed to get out of that car ASAP. They took a while getting me outta that car, but when they did, I was relieved."

Media: "Do you think you should've been out of that hospital sooner that later?"

Shawn: "You never want to go against Doctor's orders, so I decided to wait until they got all the analysis and results and all that."

Media: "So now that your out, when can we expect you to be back in the #28 car?"

Shawn: "Well... actually I think Louis should answer this one."

Tellez: "Alright, thank you Shawn. Well, during the flight back, Shawn, his family and I came to a good decision, maybe it was a costly decision but a good one. We came to the decision that Shawn will be out of the #28 Rockstar Chevy for the next 6-9 races. We figured 6-9 should be good enough for all of Shawn's injuries to be healed."

Media: "Shawn, do you think this was the right decision for you?"

Shawn: "Definitely, sure it'll ruin the rest of my season, but anything to make me feel better and be a better driver."

Media: "So Louis, now that this decision has been made, who's gonna be the replacement driver for Shawn during these races?"

Tellez: "That's a good question. I contacted Sarah (Gramstorff) before arriving here and she has agreed tol be the replacement driver for these next few races. We figured during this time, It was time for Sarah to get some experience in the AERS, it will also determine whether or not i'll move her up to the AERS next season, so i'm proud of this decision."
Back to top Go down

Donnelly released from hospital; will be out for next 6-9 races
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AARO Racing Forum :: American Automobile Racing Organization :: AARO AMP Energy Racing Series (AERS) :: Prospects-
Jump to: